Similar to Newsreaders, Social bookmarking tool can replace our traditional browser bookmark list.
A bookmark 'sharing' site -
- I can bookmark (save) websites that I find useful and share them with other people.
- I can look at other people's bookmarks and discover other websites that may be of interest to me.
I explore the site options and try clicking on a bookmark that has also been bookmarked by a lot of other users and am able to see the comments they added about this bookmark and the tags they used to categorize this reference.
An alternative to Del.icio.us is Diigo - a powerful research tool and a knowledge sharing community.
Libraries can take advantage of social bookmarking sites -
Currently, Library Catalogue let users do a search by Keyword Anywhere. By using social bookmarking sites, users can add comments of the library materials they've borrowed. When a search is being done, all library materials tagged with the keyword user entered will be shown along with other users comments. Sounds Good?
No comments:
Post a Comment