Monday, November 23, 2009

Week 2, Thing # 3, Blog & Avatar

The first web 2.0 tools I learn is Blog. I visited Blogger website to take a quick tour to learn about Blog --- [see information towards the end of this post] and watch a video tutorial on how to create a free blog with blogger. It's very simple and consists of 3 steps:
  1. Create an account
  2. Name my blog - the whole web world can see my blog title [Moon's Blog] and blog address [http://wy-moon.blogspot.com]
  3. Select a template
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had set up a blog for myself through Blogger. It's time for me to "bookmark" my blog for easy access as I would be using it often.

How to do it?? I can simply click Ctrl + D instead of clicking on Favorites → Add to Favorites...

However, I prefer to sign in through Blogger than from my blog.

This is how I do it...










I bookmark Blogger. After signing in, I would click on the 'View Blog in New Window' icon beside 'View Blog' in the Dashboard page. This way, I can easily navigate in blogger as well as in my blog which I opened up in another Window.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, I export an avatar image which I created through YAHOO to my blog. Finally, I explore Blogger and start adding post to my blog.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take a quick tour to learn about Blog
Blogger was launched in 1999. It had been created to give us an easy way to share our thoughts with a host of features to make blogging as simple and effective as possible.

A blog is a personal diary in the form of a web site, where we write stuff on an ongoing basis. New stuffs show up at the top, so our visitors can read our latest posts.

Blogging is more than just putting our thoughts on the web. It's about connecting with and hearing from anyone who reads our work and cares to respond.

The fastest way to understand blogging is to try it out.. Have you tried??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to use web 2.0 tools
Blog allows us to use a group blog with multiple authors as an excellent communication tool.

With Blogger, it's easy to create a team blog, allowing multiple bloggers to contribute to a single blog. We select which team members have administrative authority and those who are just authors. We can also choose to make our blog private and restrict who can view it. This puts us in full control of our blog.

Thus, people who works in the library can make use of Group blogging to replace Emailing.

Comparison of ...     Group Blogging      and      Emailing

Group Blogging
  • one person creates the blog and adds members to it
  • every members use their own Google Account
  • convenient for posting message meant for every members
  • can read the message at the blog page without a need to sign in to blogger
Emailing
  • had to create a corporate email account for every members
  • had to select who to send the message to
  • had to sign in to corporate email account so that can read the message
Is this a good move to web 2.0, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment